Development Company of Western Greece Region S.A.
The Development Company of Western Greece Region S.A. (Lead Partner) is the Development Company of Western Greece Region according to Law 3852/2010, (restructuring at local government regions and municipalities, ‘Kallikratis’). It was founded in 1996 and the current shareholders are the Western Greece Region and Municipalities of Ilia Division.
The company has vast experience in project management and implementation of projects funded by various sources including National and European funding mechanisms (NSRF, Life+, Leader+, EEA Grants, ETCP – Interreg) oriented to the management of rural areas and support of agriculture economy, tourist promotion, environment etc. Also, operates a fully equipped Soil Laboratory since 2009.
Aims of Company are:
- The promotion, assistance and concretisation of developmental activities for public, social and private sector in the form of investment projects, enterprising exploitations, actions of human resources management, business environment and innovation development.
- The creation of conditions for the growth and development of the Region from economic, social, environmental and cultural perspective, based on the local resources of private and public sector as well as with resources and funds of European Community and Greek State.
- Co-ordination of activities, technical and scientific support at the developmental planning of the Region.
- Implementation and exploitation of projects related to local growth, environmental protection, in collaboration with Ministries, Educational Institutions and Agencies of the State and the European Union.
Company’s secondary activities are:
- Organisation of events and various meetings.
- Exploitation of cultural, tourist and natural resources of Western Greece Region.
- Agricultural consultancy services.
- Environmental studies.
- Development studies for rural areas.