Budget: 1.574.800,00 €.
- Lead Partner: Development Company of Western Greece Region – LP
- Technological Educational Institute of Ionian Islands (TEI of the Ionians)
- Management Body Torre Guaceto
- University of Salento
- Municipality of Ostuni
The project includes areas which are part of the «Natura 2000» network. Some of these areas have been devastated by natural disasters. The main objective of the project was to restore, protect and enhance these areas by combining a comprehensive site management and encouragement through environmental, cultural and social cohesion. A common tool was established (web-based GIS decision support system) in order to support the stakeholders using common methodology that will contribute to sustainable management of these areas. Priorities of the project were the improvement of the spirit of cooperation between Greece – Italy, to find common solutions for the prevention of natural risks and develop policies to restore and protect the ecosystems.
- Direct restoration of the ecosystem ecological values
- Monitoring and protection of the environment
- Socioeconomic development of protected areas
- Touristic promotion of natural and cultural heritage
- Environmental awareness.
Natura areas in Greece:
- Ilia, Pine forest of Strofilia, the lake Kaiafa (GR2330005)
- Achaia, Kotychi – Strofylia (GR2320011, GR2320001 )
- Zakynthos, Western and northwestern coasts of Zakynthos (GR2210001)
Natura areas in Italy:
- Torre Guaceto e Macchia S. Giovanni (IT9140005)
- Torre Guaceto (IT9140008)
- Litorale Brindisino (IT9140002)